We know how precious your belongings are. That is why our portable storage unit is all-steel and weatherproof – ensuring your stuff is as safe and secure as possible. Here are some helpful tips that can make your portable storage job go smoother. Call Today Movers at 469-336-8000 for a free estimate!
PORTABLE STORAGE PACKING AND LOADING TIPS
- A written inventory will save time in the long run.
- Valuable items need to be kept close to you. This will reduce the risk of damage.
- Write a legible label on each box to define where it goes.
- Heavy items go in smaller boxes. Lightweight items go in larger boxes.
- Use as many boxes as needed. Boxes are easy to stack and provide greater space efficiency.
- Use specially sized boxes and bubble wrap when packing pictures, mirrors and artwork.
- Flat screen TV boxes are also available for your large screen TVs.
- Lamps and other large items should be bubble wrapped. Remove light bulbs and box lamp shades separately.
- Fill each box to its capacity, using packing paper or fillers to eliminate empty spaces. Don’t overpack!
- Moving blankets will protect your furniture.
- Use moisture absorbers to help prevent mold, mildew, and odors inside the container.
- Wrap couches, mattresses and other “soft” furniture with stretch wrap or plastic mattress bags.
- Cover appliances with cardboard, moving blankets or stretch wrap.
- Distribute the weight of your contents throughout the container.
- Place heavy items on the bottom, lighter items on the top.
- Mix small items with larger items to fill spaces.
- Secure your container with a lock when it is unattended.